Qupqugiaq Inn News
Exciting changes will be ready at Qupqugiaq Inn this summer (2013)! Qupqugiaq is becoming the place it was meant to be. Stay tuned for more information. But to begin:
– Nine new quality hotel rooms, seven with private bath and two with shared bath (making a total of 30)
– Great new lobby downstairs lobby (with curved mezzanine reclaimed from the original Qupqugiaq Cafe)
– Real hardwood floors in all 11 downstairs rooms
– Upgraded linens and 32 inch flat screen televisions in all rooms
– Six new Japanese style sleeping pods (six more coming later), with windows and individual controls for lighting and heating, and electronic locks, for $35 - $40 per night
– Alaska Meaningful Travel program
– Fifty-five pieces of new classic modern furniture. Photos of the pieces are below. Have you ever wanted to sit in one of these?
– Option to choose the specific room you want (since all rooms are unique).
– Still less expensive than similar hotels (if they existed!)